When: March 27, 2008
Time: 7:00 pm
Where: City Council Chambers
3300 Capitol Avenue
PARC PACIFIC GPA - Technology Court - (PLN2006-00166) - to consider a General Plan Amendment to change the land use designation from Light Industrial to Neighborhood Commercial and certification of an Environmental Impact Report (EIR) for an 8.7-acre site in the Industrial Planning Area.
Project Planner - Kelly Diekmann, (510 0494-4540, firstname.lastname@example.org
Recommended Action: Certify the EIR and deny the proposed GPA.
Total: 144,580 square feet
Retail: 79,580 square feet
General Office: 40,000 square feet
Medical office uses: 25,000 square feet
One resident stated that traffic conditions are too bad along Auto Mall Parkway and he does
not support approval of the project.
The second major comment was from CalTrans asking foradditional information on mitigation requirements for facilities within their jurisdiction. No new information or impacts that were not addressed by the Draft EIR were discussed by respondents.
1. Hold public hearing.
2. Find the EIR is adequate and recommend the City Council certify the EIR.
3. Recommend that the City Council deny General Plan Land Use Amendment change from Light
Industrial to Neighborhood Commercial as represented on Exhibit “B” and retain the site’s
current Light Industrial designation.
4. Hold public hearing.
5. Find the EIR is adequate and recommend the City Council certify the EIR.
6. Planning Commission identifies applicable legal, technological, social, economic, or other
benefits of the project that outweigh the unavoidable adverse environmental impacts as the basis
(findings) for adopting a Statement of Overriding Consideration.
7. Recommend that the City Council approve General Plan Land Use Amendment change from
Light Industrial to Neighborhood Commercial as represented on Exhibit “B”.